Career Cluster Information
Programs in the Arts, Audio-Visual Technology and Communications cluster focus on creativity, writing, design, and entertainment arts and performance. This cluster includes careers in:
- Journalism & Broadcasting | A/V Technicians, Broadcast Announcers & Radio Disc Jockeys, Film & Video Editors, Lighting Technicians, Sound Engineering Technicians, Broadcast Technicians, Writers & Authors, Camera Operations – TV, Video & Film, News Reporters, Analysts and Journalists, etc.
- Performing Arts | Actors, Dancers, Choreographers, Musicians & Singers, Music Directors, Makeup Artists – Theatrical & Performance, Producers & Directors, Entertainers & Performers, Talent Directors, etc.
- Printing Technology | Desktop Publishers, Prepress Technicians & Workers, Print Binding & Finishing Workers, Printing Press Operators, Proof Readers & Copy Markers, etc.
- Telecommunications | TeleComm Equipment Installers, TeleComm Line Installers, etc.
- Visual Arts | Graphic Designers, Artists & Related Workers, Commercial & Industrial Designers, Fashion Designers, Craft Artists, Floral Designers, Fine Artists, Set & Exhibit Designers, etc.
Program areas in this cluster within the Wisconsin Technical College System include:
- Animation | WTCS Instructional Area 207
- Graphic Design | WTCS Instructional Area 201
- Interior Design | WTCS Instructional Area 304
- Marketing Communications | WTCS Instructional Area 111
- Photography | WTCS Instructional Area 203
- Printing and Publishing | WTCS Instructional Area 204
- Technical Communications | WTCS Instructional Area 699
- Telecasting | WTCS Instructional Area 701
- Visual Communications | WTCS Instructional Area 206
WTCS College Website Links