Why a System Office?
The System Office was founded by the legislature to provide a system of technical colleges which enables people to acquire the occupational skills training necessary for full participation in the work force. Stressing job training and retraining, recognizing the rapidly changing educational needs of residents to keep current with the demands of the work place. We support course offerings and programs that facilitate educational options for residents, fostering economic development. We provide education through associate degree programs and other programs below the baccalaureate level while cooperating with other educational institutions and governmental bodies to provide services to all members of the public.
To access a full library of the laws, policies, and procedures that govern WTCS operations, navigate to the State Law & Policy Page. To learn about the history of the WTCS, navigate to the ‘Our History’ page.
System Office Operations
- Organization chart of the WTCS Board Office
- To access contact information for WTCS team members, navigate to the Staff Directory.
- District Boards: District Boards Appointment Process and District Boards Association Website
- Presidents Association: The 16 college presidents meet informally several times a year as the “Presidents Association” to assure alignment and collaboration. The Presidents Association provides a standing report to the WTCS Board at each of the Board’s six meetings annually. The System President (Dr. Morna Foy) and the Executive Director of the District Boards Association are included in the Presidents Association.
- Instructional Services Administrators (ISA): The “Instructional Services Administrators” (ISA) meet informally several times each year. The WTCS Provost (Dr. Colleen McCabe) and Associate Vice President for Instruction (Chrystal Seeley-Schreck) are members of the group.
- Student Services Administrators (SSA): The “Student Services Administrators” (SSA) – Vice Presidents of Student Services or Student Success, meet informally several times each year. The WTCS Provost (Dr. Colleen McCabe) and Associate Vice President for Student Success (Terese Craig) are members of the group.